1. Click on Safety and select Delete Browsing History.
2. Make sure the History and Cookies options are selected.
3. Click Delete.
1. Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
2. In the General page under Browser History, select the Delete button.
3. Either select and delete each section: Temporary internet files; Cookies, History; Forms data and Passwords. Or
4. Select the Delete all button at the bottom to clear everything.
1. Click on Tools.
2. Go to the bottom of the dropdown menu and click on Internet options. This will open a box with the names of several different sections along the top. You will already be in the section called General, which is where you want to be.
3. In the middle of this box is a section called Temporary Internet Files. Click on the button marked Delete files.
4. When the box pops up, tick the Delete all offline content box and then click OK.
5. When your computer finishes deleting your temporary internet files, you will be back in the General Internet Options box.
6. Look at the section below called History. Here you can click on the Clear History button.
7. A dialogue box will ask you if you want to delete all items in your history folder. Click Yes. 8. Click OK to close the Internet Options box.
1. Click on the Tools option in the menu bar.
2. Select Clear Recent History.
3. Select the appropriate time and details.
4. Click on Clear Now.
1. Click on the spanner icon next to the search bar and click on Clear Browsing Data from the Tools menu.
2. Make sure the Clear browsing history and Delete cookies options are selected.
3. Click on Clear Browsing Data to finish.
1. Click on the Tools menu.
2. Select Delete private data.
3. Click the “Details” button.
4. Make sure the Clear history and cookies options are selected.
5. Click “Delete” button.
Resetting Safari clears the history and cookies but also clears the downloads and removes any saved user names and passwords or other AutoFill data and clears Google/Yahoo search entries.
To do this 1. Go to the Safari menu at top left hand screen.
2. Choose and click Reset Safari.
Click the Tools menu and select Inprivate browsing.
This will open a new browser window, viewing web pages in this window will not be logged in your computer’s history.
InPrivate Browsing provides protection during the time that you use that browser window.
If you open another browser window, that window will not be protected by InPrivate Browsing.
To end your InPrivate Browsing session, close the browser window.
Click the Tools menu and select Start Private Browsing.
Firefox will ask if you want to start Private browsing.
Click on the Start Private Browsing button and Firefox will restart itself.
While using the Private Browsing window the web pages you visit will not be stored in your computers history.
When you want to exit Private Browsing mode, click on Tools and then click on Stop Private Browsing.
Click the Tools menu and select New incognito window.
This will open a new browser window, viewing web pages in this window will not be logged in your computers history.
Incognito provides protection during the time that you use that browser window.
If you open another browser window, that window will not be protected by incognito.
To end your incognito session, close the browser window.